Friday, March 29, 2013

Toluca, MX

Thursday, March 28, 2913

Today we up hung out in the hotel and played with the ducks, just waiting for our bass player Calum, to arrive, along with all the other bands, including our buddies Destroyed in Seconds. I ate avocado tacos for lunch, all of my emergency Earth Balance vegan cheddar popcorn, a Luna brand protein bar, and was still hungry. Across the street from our hotel is a mall with outlet stores and a cafe where I ordered a cafe latte con leche de soya!!!! I window shopped a little, and almost bought these awesome vegan brown boots, but they were $550 pesos. I might go back today and get them. I attempted to buy a salad from Siempre Natural in the food court which had Subway, Dominos, Burger King, etc, but the woman explained the register wasn't working. Atleast I think that's what she was saying...also, there was a little cupcake kiosk that had beautiful cupcakes!! None were vegan though...
Eventually, when all the bands arrived, we all took tiny little cabs into the mountains where the festival grounds are, La Marquesa. It's the most amazing place evvvver. It's at 8,000 feet elevation in the woodsy mountains surrounded by pine trees and the cleanest air I've ever encountered. There was a bunch of food stands inside the fairgrounds with seitan tamales, papa y chorizo quesadillas, fermented carrot style tacos, etc. Then, outside the grounds was a bunch of other vendors with drinks including coconuts and juices. I ate papa by chorizo tacos on homemade flour tortillas for $25 pesos!! I was soooo happy. I met a bunch of the people doing the video and photo stuff for the bands, and was really excited to see the giant stage with the full moon peeking out behind the pine trees lighting it up. Tomorrow we play, then the next day I get to enjoy myself and watch all the bands and eat lots of homemade food!!! I have the coolest drink and food tickets ever...















No comments:

Post a Comment