Wednesday, August 7, 2013

NYC: NY Death Fest

I played at Saint Vitus in Greenpoint, Brooklyn on Saturday.  They serve mini vegan hotdogs there, and I've had them before, but not this time.  The show was crazy packed, and we spent a lot of the time in the basement drinking tall boys of PBR with the rest of my band.  

Earlier in the day though, Calum and Zeta took us on a water taxi from an area by the venue, to the Brooklyn beach. Obviously, the water is NOT clean, but we really enjoy any opportunity be on a boat, and the view of Manhattan from the beach is BEAUTIFUL.  We walked to the Wythe Hotel near the Brooklyn Brewery, and had a drink at their amazing (but expensive) happy hour.  It was on the 6th floor and had a huge outdoorpatio, which reminded Mia and I of our favorite happy hour in San Antonio, at the Tower of Americas.  We paid $18 for two whiskey and ginger ales, but Calum got 3 IPAs for free because the bartender liked his Varukers tshirt.  I was jealous, but we stayed for that one drink, then ventured on.


  Calum found one of those amazing corner stores and bought a huge cinnamon bun.  I didn't try it because my belly was full, but Mia said it had a cream cheeze frosting on it and was kind of dry.  We stress over making cinnamon rolls, so we are always a little turned off by them these days.  They are soooo time consuming to make!!  For dinner that night, Mia and I had vegan slices at Vinnie's on Bedford and then got a bunch of stuff from Mr. Kiwi again, and munched hard.  The show was great, and Macabre played a killer set.

No comments:

Post a Comment