Monday, February 18, 2013

San Diego, CA

February 16, 2013
I was sooo hungry today, which was also my birthday!!! We were stuck in traffic for 3 hours trying to get down to San Diego, in our super crammed rental car. We had to empty boxes we had no room for, and shove a ton of shirts in the back window and little pockets of space in the trunk. I felt claustrophobic, and jammed out to my Lynyrd Skynyrd Pandora station, while dreaming of going to the beach and eating cake the second we got in town. Of course, traffic took so long and we had so much random merch to organize, we ended up stuck at the venue for what felt like hours!! Eventually, I looked on yelp and found a vegan fast food place 3 miles away. It was called Evolution Fast Food and had a drive thru!! It was very cute. Small ordering area, then a huge patio for outdoor seating. The grrrl working said they'd been open for two years, and it looked like they were doing very well. Their drive thru and ordering room had lines the whole time we were there. I ordered a young thai coconut, a Bacon Cheeseburger with their homemade bean patty, fries, and a Boston Creme Cupcake!! I immediately regretted my decision for the bean patty when I read further that it had cilantro in it, so Calum suggested I give it to our singer, Shane, who has been vegetarian over 20 years. I then went back to order my favorite fried sandwich...buffalo chikin!!! We sat outside and I loved my food. The hamburger bun was dark wheat and super fluffy. The fries were super greasy though and I definitely didn't finish them. I saved my cupcake til after our show...and when we arrived at our other guitarist, Dorian's house I ate it with a fork. I was trying to savor it. I loved it, and I am inspired to make a thick chocolate icing that is easy to spread and tastes like ganache. I have to remember to do that!!
At the venue, after we played, we were told there was vegan tacos inside for us. Shane went to check it out and texted me at the merch table that they were yummy snacks. So, Calum and I were very happy to eat after all the equipment was loaded. Over all, it was a great night. Although it did suck sleeping on a wood floor with my towel as a blanket and my jeggings as a pillow that night. #tourlife
















1 comment:

  1. Sandy and I wish you a much belated Happy Birthday. Enjoy the rest of the tour.

    ReplyDelete